My name is Wendy Rother, and I graduated from Flagler College in St. Augustine, Florida, with a Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design. In 2006 I went back to school and obtained a degree in Digital Design from the Art Institute of Pittsburgh.
Senior Interaction Designer
I have spent the last several years working at a well-known EHR application development company. In my day to day tasks, I can be found doing many things, including:
· Create intuitive and easy-to-use user experiences and workflows for Electronic Health Record Applications
· Research customer needs/goals along with business requirements to create workflows, wireframes and design documents
· Collaborate with Product Management, Business Analysts, Usability Analysts, Customers, Engineers, and other stakeholders to understand the needs and goals of the products
· Quickly communicate design ideas by whiteboard sketching and wireframes using industry standard wire framing tools.
· Create prototypes that are high-level to pixel-perfect, as appropriate, to demonstrate workflow and/or specific UI interactions
· Follow established standards and utilize existing design patterns to ensure a consistent and intuitive user experience, defining and contributing significant design patterns when needed
· After designs and workflows are created, provide feedback and steering to 6-8 Scrum teams during development, responding to technical challenges, time constraints and user feedback to find possible solutions – (using AGILE software development)
· Always remain current on industry trends and best practices for design